WPC Related Services
- Preparation of Technical proposal for approval of Apex committee.
- Approval of assignment of frequency.
- Advisory on SACFA matters and securing necessary approvals.
- Commissioning of earth station including up linking permissions.
- Advisory in making earth station operational including up linking permissions.
- Assist in the technical inspection of earth stations of VSAT , Teleports and DTH services and suggest suitable solutions.
- Obtaining Wireless operating licenses for captive and commercial hubs/ DTH and Teleport services.
- Securing various Wireless Licenses in a time bound manner Eg Equipment Type Approval ( ETA), Dealer Possession Licence , demonstration and Experimental licences.
- Registration/ de-registration of both news and non news TV channels.
- Regularisation of wireless equipments.
- End to end solution for Import of RF equipment.
The Wireless Planning & Coordination (WPC) Wing of the Ministry of Communication & Information Technology, created in 1952, is the national radio regulatory nodal agency of the Government of India and is responsible for planning, regulating, and managing the limited resources of Radio Frequency (RF) spectrum and associated satellite orbits, including geo-stationary satellite orbit as well as licensing of wireless stations in the country under the Indian Telegraph Act 1885 (ITA 1885) and the Indian Wireless Telegraphy Act 1933 (IWTA 1933), as statutory requirement. It caters the needs of all wireless users in the country, government or private, security or non-security. WPC is also the national agency for all matters related to Radio communication sector of International Telecommunication Union (ITU).